Friday, July 13, 2007

blatant discrimination at Hogwarts

Dear Daily Prophet,

This fall I applied to Oxford, Cambridge, Yale, Harvard, and Hogwarts, and was accepted into all but Hogwarts, who put me on their waiting list! I find this extremely unfair. I was perfectly qualified as a candidate, with superior scores on all standardized examinations and a 4.5 GPA. I have already taken either Advanced Placement or college-level courses in Charms, Summoning, Polyjuice Potions, the Wronski Feint, and even Imperious Curse Evasion (taken at a local wizarding community college), and I am fluent in English, Parseltongue, Troll, and Spanish. In addition to all this, I participated in extensive community service at the Hogwarts Infirmary under the supervision of Madam Pomfrey, RN/MBA, and used my language skills to open a free after-school program for young witches and wizards in under-served Latino and Troll communities in Little Surrey, UK.

I was really hoping to pursue a degree in herbology at Hogwarts, become school prefect, perhaps win a Quidditch tournament or two, and parlay that into a unique medical school application. I believe your readers should be informed of the blatant discrimination occurring at this nation's preeminent school for witches and wizards.

Sincerely yours,
Cornelius Kwok

No comments: